Visiting our Campus
*All policies are designed to implement the guidelines set forth by CDC and Shelby County Health Department and are subject to change.
Persons should not come to campus if they (or parents if under 18) can answer yes to any of the following:
- Within the last 14 days, have you been in close contact (spent a total of 15 or more minutes over a 24 hour period with the person...for example, you were with that person 3 separate times in one day for 5 minutes each time) with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell? Have you experienced any flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a fever greater than 100.4 in the last 72 hours without use of fever-reducing drugs?
Symptoms Present Process
Anyone with a body temperature greater than 100.4 will not be allowed on campus and a Person Under Investigation (PUI) Form will be completed to aid for potential contact tracing. Anyone who develops any fever, respiratory, or flu-like symptoms during the school day will be sent to a designated room isolated from others until they are picked up from campus. PUI Form will be completed to aid for potential contact tracing.
Return to Campus Protocol (all employees and students)Positive COVID-19 Test or With Symptoms
must meet the following criteria:
- At least 72 hours symptom free (since recovery) without use of fever-reduction medications and improvements in respiratory symptomsAND
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
must meet the following criteria:
- 10 days have passed since the date of the first positive COVID-19 test, with the last 72 hours being symptom free assuming no symptoms have developed since the positive test
- Provide documentation of two negative COVID-19 tests taken greater than 24 hours apart.
Mandatory Reporting Policy
Students and employees who test positive for COVID-19 or come into close contact with a person who is known positive, must report information to Lausanne via a secure webform. Further, they and anyone they were in close contact with (sibling, child, parent, close classmate) will not be allowed on campus until they complete the “Return to Campus Protocol”. Lausanne will keep names confidential but will notify others who may have been in contact and aid the health department in tracing.
General Procedure / Safety Protocols
- Each person will be checked for elevated temperature upon arrival to campus, and before any after school activities Cloth facial coverings or disposable “surgical” masks must always be worn on campus
- Each person must sanitize hands upon entry to buildings and classrooms (available in all classrooms and entrances) No assemblies, field trips, pep rallies, or other large gatherings
- No shared supplies
- After class full cleaning and sanitizing of all premisses appropriate combination
- Handwasing water stations available
- Drop off and pick up times for students are strictly enforced, campus visitors limited to essential only
- Transitions limited to avoid crowding
- Nurse on campus every school day
Again: All policies are designed to implement the guidelines set forth by CDC and the Ivorian Health Department and are subject to change. We're currently developing the process for notifying other families in the student's class or cohort if a classmate is showing symptoms, has been exposed or has tested positive.